To view current hotel operations,
To view selected completed projects, click here.
To view our Partial Client List, click
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Interim Hospitality Consultants is engaged to conduct a Feasibility
Study with Financial Projections for a proposed hotel development to be
located at the developer's site. The proposed hotel is to have all the
amenities commensurate with the type of development desired.
Objectives of Study
The basic objectives of the study are to:
1. Evaluate the market potential for the proposed hotel based on an
analysis of the market support for a lodging facility on the subject
2. Comment on the appropriate numbers types, and sizes of guest rooms
and other amenities which would best serve the needs of the market.
3. Project levels of market penetration, occupancy, and average room
rate for the proposed hotel for the first five years of operations.
4. Prepare detailed projections of Cash Flow from operations before
fixed charges for the hotel for the first five years of operations.
5. Provide a written report containing the conclusions of the
Feasibility Study and present Financial Projections for the proposed
Scope of Study
The Feasibility Study includes a variety of work steps which enable
us to evaluate historic trends and project the future competitive supply
of and demand for lodging accommodations in the area. The scope of the
work includes, but is not necessarily limited to the following:
1. An analysis and economic evaluation of the market area based on
interviews with area businessmen and government officials, compilation
of pertinent market data, and a review of those economic indices which
would be most relevant to the success of the proposed project.
2. An inspection of the site and surrounding area to determine their
suitability for the proposed hotel, taking into consideration such
factors as accessibility, visibility, and proximity to demand
3. An inspection and analysis of the hotels in market area that would
provide the primary competition to the proposed hotel. Our census of the
competitive facilities included both existing hotels as well as those
under construction, planned, or rumored.
4. A determination of the current overall market demand and rooms in
the subject area and the share of market demand that is generated by
tourists, commercial travelers, and group meetings/ convention
5. A projection of growth rates for the various market segments based
on the factors that should impact the future demand for hotel rooms.
6. An evaluation of the projected hotel supply and demand
relationship in the market area to reach conclusions regarding the
market support for the proposed hotel.
7. Comment on the proposed facilities in terms of number, mix, and
type of guest rooms, and recreational amenities.
8. Comment on the proposed facilities in terms of style and size.
9. Projections of occupancy and average room rate for the proposed
hotel, including projected market mix of guests.
10. Projections of cash flow from operations before fixed charges for
the first five years of operations.
Market Area Analysis
Site and Area Evaluation
Supply and Demand Analysis
Proposed Facilities and Services
Projected Utilization of the Proposed Hotel
Brochure PouchFranchise Information
MARKET AREA ANALYSIS
Area BusinessesReal Estate
Quality of Life
Neighboring MarketsCalendar of EventsAttractions
SITE AND AREA EVALUATION
Maps and Site Pictures
Eastern U.S. Map
Eastern Pennsylvania Map
Signage, Accessibility, and Visibility
Proximity to Demand GeneratorsUtilities
SUPPLY AND DEMAND ANALYSIS
Competitive Market Set
Pictures of Competitive Hotels
Hilton Hotel Corporation
Smith Travel Research: Five Selected Hotels
Smith Travel Research: Market Area
Smith Occupancy Graph
Smith ADR Graph
Hotel Room TaxExtended-Stay Lodging Chain Survey
Up-Scale Extended-Stay Hotel CompetitionDemand Analysis
Commercial Guest DemandLeisure Demand
Hotel Base YearSummary
PROPOSED FACILITIES AND SERVICES
General ConceptRoom Mix
Food and Beverage Facilities
Meeting FacilitiesPrototypc RenderingFold-out drawing
2-room suite layout
PROJECTED UTILIZATION OF THE PROPOSED HOTEL
Projected Market Penetration and Occupancy
Competitive Set Average Room Rate
Projected Average Room Rate
Proforma Year One
Minor Revenue DepartmentsProforma Payroll Recap
Administrative and General
Food & Beverage Complimentary Services
Sales and Marketing
Homewood Suites National Franchise Fees
Repairs and MaintenanceProformaThe U.S. Extended-Stay Lodging Market by PKF
INTERIM HOSPITALITY CONSULTANTS
Selected Completed Projects
Feasibility Study Client List
Letter of Agreement
"A Change for the Better," reprint of Real Estate
"Why 'carpe diem' when you can carpe whole weeks at a time?,"
Hotel & Motel Management ad.
Please click here to view
Partial Client List
Authored by Edward L. Xanders, CHA